Ode to My Backpack

Last Fall, I was really overthinking my bag/purse strategy for Paris. I'd done urban living before and I knew I wanted my hands free to steer a scooter, drag my grocery trolley or just pick up cute shoes at a store. But other than some kind of backpack, I wasn't sure what to get.

Here that post: My Paris Purse Predicament. There were three bags in the running. And overthinking these purchases is definitely not a new thing for me.

I finally choose this green canvas bag made with vegan leather from a Brooklyn company CanopyVerde via Etsy (buy it here). For the last six months, this backpack has come with me everywhere. It's gotten soaking wet. And full to bursting with milk cartons (and, let's be honest, wine bottles). And it's been with me on the streets of Italy, Spain and Belgium.

Dave hates that it doesn't have lots of pockets and organization inside (he loves pockets) ... there are times at a checkout counter that I spend several minutes digging through my pack for my wallet. Eh. Not that big of a deal to me. Meanwhile, I always have space to carry reusable bags, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, tissues and mints. With plenty of room for small purchases. Not to mention HIS keys and glasses, so there.

Back in January, When It Was New!

My Pack in Italy ... Can You See the Canvas is Changing Color?

January With My Pack and the Eiffel Tower
And with so much use, the canvas is getting this sun-died patina that's vintage and lovely. And the vegan leather looks as good as new! And fully wipe-able. The only issue is one of the backpack strap hooks got lose -- but with a hammer and a little muscle, and the latch is good as new!

You can't underestimate the value of a good purse when you're a mom out in a city. So, even though I stressed over this choice, I think I made the right one. Yup, I'm ready to write poetry to my backpack.



Related posts:
Here that post: My Paris Purse Predicament
Not a Fashion blogger, but here are other Fashion-esque posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project