The Girls' Rooms Get a Facelift

Can you believe I made it more than 14 months without painting a single room?!

But the girls wanted to update their room colors and I couldn't help but oblige. I mean, any excuse to paint is a good one. And my constant quest to re-move in is in full swing, so a painting project or two was a quick and easy update.

Leah's room color hadn't been changed since we moved in seven years ago, so she was certainly due for an upgrade. (Here's the 2012 post for proof.) My almost-13-year-old picked a very cool blue to go with the "beach theme" in her room. The new color is on the left, and the old color is on the right.

Leah At Work! New Color on the Left, Old Color on the Right
(Notice the Nasty Baseboard Color)
Alice started by looking at mustard yellows and oranges -- and I did my best to steer her toward a more palpable color. She ended up with a spring green called "Green Fees." It's definitely more mature than the little-girl lavender I painted in 2016 (here that post). It might be a bit too bright, but when the white furniture arrives and we find a white bed quilt, we'll hopefully tone it down a bit. She loves it!
Alice Rolling On Green
I'll note that both pictures show the girls "painting" but that lasted about as long as it took to take the picture. 

Also, the biggest change and impact we made was painting the trim a bright WHITE. As you know, I loathe the beige trim we have everywhere, and slowly we've been painting over it, but it's been low on my priority list. Well, no more! My Mom was visiting for a week and when she asked how she could help my house improvement whirlwind I said trim. "Paint that trim!" She did Leah's room and I did Alice's and it makes a huge world of difference. 

I've got just a few other small tasks to accomplish in these rooms and then I can move on ... more on that soon. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project