Our Laundry Room Project Post Paris

While in Paris, I spent an insane amount of time thinking about updating my laundry room. I spent hours looking at Pinterest and imaging the different ways to use]the space. As our move grew closer, I started settling on ideas and drawing out plans and a budget.

In my Post Paris Plan, that laundry room was a priority for a renovation.

Wonder why? Here's a quick look ...
Laundry Room Before: Glorious, NO!?
This room (and it's a room and not a glorified closet, as it looks like now) is near the garage door and I know it could be 100000% more useful and productive with a little time, money and energy. Just adding a few built-in cabinets will improve the room. Or take a look at this space near the garage door. I consider it a "mud room" since it's where shoes get kicked off and where I leave my grocery bags, etc. 
The Laundry Room "Mud Room" Area. It's Empty Because I Took This Picture Over the Summer.
Now can you just imagine it with some built in cubbies, more hooks (you know I love hooks) and cabinets where those cheap-o closet shelves are hanging above? Maybe a better color?

And just to the right of this space is the sink and washer/dryer. Not long ago I added a little shelf over the appliances to clean it up and keep things from falling behind -- which kept happening when I tried to "store" lose items on top.
The Appliances
Again, just picture some closed cabinets above, an upgraded utility sink with a faucet that can reach a bucket on the floor, or wash a dog. I'd even add funky tile behind it all. 

Last, but not least, there's the floor. I'd love to pull-up the janky BATHROOM tile up and replace it with wood-look porcelain or laminate. And add a piece of frosted glass to this door, so the light can filter into the dark hallway even when the door is closet. 
Blah to That Tile And Beige Door
Blah! 

I've got big plans, y'all. And now that we're home, I'm so glad I did all the research when I had ample time, because now it comes down to execute! The flooring is getting attention this week. I have paint and have picked out cabinets. So many more photos to follow.



Related posts:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project