Officially Four-Eyes

I have wanted glasses since about as long as I can remember.

There was something about the intelligence and sophistication that comes with a great pair of glasses. My friends with glasses thought my jealousy was insane. It was awful to need a pair of glasses to see. Horrible. The headaches, the blurriness, all bad.

So lately, when I've tried to read at night, I've noticed the letters jumping and having to concentrate a little harder to read the words on the page. I upped the font size on the Kindle, but reading to Alice at night from a paperback was ...well ... annoying. Why did the letters move around so much?

After a few months, I got an appointment -- the same eye doctor I visited a few years ago -- and got my sight checked.

The prognosis was finally what I'd wanted for years. It's the lowest of the lowest possible prescription, but my eyes finally need a little help.

But here's the surprising thing: I thought I'd be so excited. I thought I'd run out and find the cutest glasses and wear them around like the coolest accessory ever.

HOWEVER, I learned a few things pretty quickly ... a pair of prescription glasses are ridiculously expensive and for my tiny little prescription, a total waste. The doc said it was fine to pick up readers from Target, which I did, but they weren't exactly what I always wanted. Though, they do make evening reading a little easier.

And ... eyes starting to go downhill combined with the grey streaks in my hair (awk!), this is "aging" all over my head and it's so real and so dramatic. And logically I'm fine with it. But emotionally, it's given me a little pause.

Though, there's a 10-year-old inside me that's gleeful about the glasses. I can't seem to silence her.



Related links:
The other post about aging 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project