Insights in Working From Home in Our Second Month In

It was around mid-March that we were sent away from the office and asked not to return. Staffers who could work from home, were shipped off to do so. I grabbed all that I could and haven't been back to my office space.

Since working from home, I'd been sitting in a corner of my dining room table. The location made sense because: a) the girls did school work on the other corner of the table, so I was there for help and to keep them on task. b) Dave took the office and spends most of his days on conference calls with the doors closed. And c) I could keep an eye on the dogs and all the other activity going on in the house. But lastly d) I could look out the window at my backyard. Sigh.

It worked for awhile but, lately, I've been finding that I get UP so many times through the day (see the list above and it's easy to understand why). And getting myself resettled each time was annoying. And now my hours are increasing, so I really needed to figure out a more permanent spot.

Dave has a convertible stand-up desk and I was inspired by that idea. Why sit when I'm constantly getting up. So in our living room sits our buffet with no real purpose. But it's the perfect height for typing on a keyboard for me. So I cleaned it off and relocated all my work stuff.

So far, it's working pretty well. I step away when I need to. And just step back to keep up with what I need to do each day. And I reclaim a little of my dining room table, which I'd rather use for sewing projects and puzzles.

I guess the point of this post is two things: quarantine and working from home has been reality for us all for nearly two months and there's no clear end in sight, so getting comfortable and finding solutions is so important. But I'm also glad this piece of furniture has found a new purpose.

It's a strange time, so important to document what our daily struggles. Because, some day, we'll look back at this time and wonder at all the changes and differences and how we dealt with it all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project