We're IN and Getting Settled

 It's been a WEEK since we got the keys to our new house. And what a whirlwind it has been! 

The movers arrived the next day and we spent the entire day directing a team of five where each of our 1,000 items should go -- from furniture, to art to boxes and boxes and boxes. It was a very long day. But it ended with us all sleeping in our own beds for the first time in almost three months. So worth it. 

For the last week, we've been trying to empty boxes as quickly and efficiently as possible. We want them OUT and the moving company will only come once to pick them up. It's not a perfect science, as a lot of things don't have a place to live yet. So, we're negotiating around a lot of piles. 

Regardless of all the work of unpacking, and all the home improvement plans and ideas I have swirling around in my head, I'm so happy to be here. The house is 100% better then I ever thought -- it's roomy and comfortable. And the pool is 100% more than I thought it would be. 

We got pretty far by the weekend and was able to host my in-laws for a Father's Day bbq and pool party. It was so rewarding to get people over and host! Which is such a big goal for me. Party house? Check! 

Speaking of boxes, we're also started ordering the priority items, such as lighting and pool floaties. And I have to admit that I'm getting ALL SHOPPED OUT! I have a bunch of other to-buy items and I'm just worn out from spending so much money already! I'm glad I did the pre-planning/research. It's been easier to hit BUY and not think too much about it. It's money I saved and budgeted for. 

Next up, I need to decide what home projects I want to tackle first. A bigger project and a quick-win project would be great. Lots more on that later! For now, a few more moving pictures ... 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project