Best Bathroom on the Block

Is it the best bathroom on the block? I can't imagine a better one!

Once I realized we were going to HAVE TO spend money on this bathroom and I'd have professional help to do it I thought I'M GOING TO MAKE THIS BATHROOM 100% BETTER. I'm not going to play it "boring." 

In my overall plan, I envisioned a bold wallpaper above some shiplap/beadboard wall treatment. I wanted anyone who uses this bathroom to come out and be wowed. Blown away by this after-thought of a bathroom tucked away in the back of the basement. 

I found a bunch of great options, but was completely sold when I found this Marvel comic book paper on Lowe's. So, I ordered it, despite being a bit of a splurge. My budget was good, thanks to reusing the same toilet, vanity and mirror from the current bathroom. 

The other thing I changed was the light fixture -- from basic to this laquered red gooseneck from Lamps.com. I also ordered the same fixture in black, to replace the ugly sconces around the TV. 

Honestly, sometimes I'll walk down to the basement just to check out this clever little bathroom and gaze at the wallpaper for awhile. It's mesmerizing and super cool. Leah had friends over on a Sunday and they thought it was "so cool." 

Click to see Huge Image

So, yes, mission accomplished in this little bathroom. It's a huge improvement from when we moved in and has the wow-factor I really wanted to add. 

The basement has been a lot of fun to pull together, probably because I had to shift gears quickly to do it (I wasn't planning on touching it for a long time) and there's all kinds of strange space challenges that I have to think through. It's been great. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project