Maybe the last place in our new house that is still outdated (and icky) is the basement staircase. Guys, it's pretty terrible. The carpet is ugly, musty and -- as I recently discovered pulling some pieces back -- has been housing an insect colony. Those crusty wormy things. I don't want to talk about it.
I'm starting here, with the top two stairs and landing, in my experience, the toughest area. Once I get this tricky part done, the long run to the basement will be easy-peasy.
Anyway, it's high time I get my act together and pull it all out!
First step (pun intended, har har) will be pulling off the offending carpet, sanding the cheap-o wood, adding extra trim pieces to the gaps and calking the whole thing.
As for design, my first through was to essential "dip" the entire staircase in a color, like this green inspiration photo. I also love the paneling on the wall, but am also considering wallpaper, to add a dash of drama to the tight staircase.
But, for the dogs and teen safety, a runner is the best way to go. So I get something like this look ...


Comments
Post a Comment