Super Green Guest Room

I've always thought this house deserves a lot of green. And dark blue. It's that center hall colonial vibe I love so much. So when it came time to paint the guest room, I wanted to use one of those colors. And after painting the back hallway blue, green just seemed to be the right direction. 

The guest room gets a ton of light, since it faces east. So it can handle a moody color. I picked Peale Green from Benjamin Moore and got it from the TrueValue near the house -- it's the closest hardware store. The walls were painted in a blue/grey flat paint with lots of nicks and a few spots where the old paint was showing -- not in great shape. I knew an eggshell finish would pick up some sunlight and give the room a little shine. (I will never understand using flat on these walls. SO weird.) 

Here's one of the walls before: 


 And after the coat of Peale Green later ... 


Of all the lovely colors in this house, this might be a favorite! It's a great true-green with a little depth. The white trim really pops, as does the light wood accents. During the day, it's plenty bright and a pretty room to spend time in. And at night, it feels cozy. 


The guest room is still a hodge-podge of cast-off furniture and other odds and ends, but this color and that flower market art print, that gives me a lot of inspiration, will send me in the right direction as I replace with more intentional furniture in the future. 

For now, I'm looking forward to using this room during my Tuesday night sewing sessions I'm trying to put into practice starting next month.

The "What a difference a can of paint" makes will NEVER stop surprising me. Next up for paint, our bathroom (which is flat beige paint, WHY?) and maybe our bedroom, too.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project