Powder Room Design Board

This winter I'm all about updating our Powder Room -- the bathroom off the kitchen our guests use. It's ugly. Just plain ugly. I painted it last year and switched out the horrible light fixtures, just to improve it a little, but now I'm ready to tackle it.

Before - The Powder Room when we moved in

With a small budget, I was planning to work with the vanity and either paint or tile-over the floor. I think the floor is the main issue. Replace the faucet and tile the wall. Maybe some kind of window treatment. Oh, and replace the towel bar with hooks. I really don't like towel bars. They never look organized -- always messy. 

But Dave offered $3k from the house budget ... and I was off to the races! I'll hire a handyman to replace the floor and install a NEW vanity. Yay! And I'll tile the wall and paint the remaining walls. 

Now, I have to make a decision on the vanity. They're expensive and will direct the rest of the finish choices. Here's the three choices I've narrowed down to .. 

Option 1:

Option 2: 

Option 3: 



This is the three I've narrowed down to, with an idea of tile and faucet. This helps me figure out the style I'm working towards. 

For the vanity, I really want an open bottom shelf for all the pool towels. It will be a perfect spot for them and for a basket of sunscreen for guests when the pool is open. This is the bathroom everyone uses from the bathroom, so it will great to offer easily-to-grab essentials. 

We also like having the storage in the bathroom, something we've never had in other powder rooms. We use a drawer for medications and extra tampons/pads for quick access. And extra toilet paper and soap, of course. 

Next step is make a final decision on the vanity and get it ordered. Once it arrives, I can start pairing it with tile samples to make that decision. 

Updated bathroom, here we go .... 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project