Back Hallway Progress

 Just a few more updates from the back hallway. And here's where we currently stand. 


(Will I be buying a third dark gray basket for the top shelf? Yes, yes I will.) 

So last weekend I painted the pinky/terracotta floor tile a matte black. Other than not being able to step on it for a few days, it was one of the easiest DIYs and cheap -- about $70. Looks just like the black tile in the kitchen. Unless you stare at it, it's a total dup. 

I always forget what a huge difference flooring can make. 

Then I decided to paint the interior of the closet/drop zone to match the rest of the walls in this hallway. And I love how it turned out. That oversaturated blue on the beadboard ... it's so good. 

I also finished that lower shelf and found bulbs for the ceiling fixture that is SUPER BRIGHT. 

Here's a quick walk through the progress of this much-used space ... 


I wish I could have taken down that wall, but Dave was not interested in a demo project. Maybe someday. 




SO, all that's left is putting the green rug back down (giving the floors a full week to "cure") and maybe hang some different art on one of the hallway walls.

Here's one last glimpse. 


Next, the guest room has been on my list to paint. And the powder room plan is slowly coming together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project