Bento-Style School Lunches - New to Me!

What's the latest crazy mom trend out there? Bento-style lunch boxes!

Or, at least it's new to me. I spent Sunday evening looking at Pinterest posts loaded with ideas on these artfully-crafted school lunches from all over the place -- the best using lunch themes, like spring, gardens, or Star Wars. (See my Pinterest Lunch Board here.)

After all that review, I've come to the conclusion that some Moms have way too much time on their hands -- especially the ones who cut cucumbers into little flower shapes, sandwiches to look like hearts or bears and artfully chopping cheese sticks. (And that's just the tip of the iceberg, there are books being published and Instagram clogged with little masterpieces.)

That's not appealing to me.

However, the idea of nutritious (mostly-whole foods) lunches, divided into little groupings that are visually attractive does appeal to me. Very much. And the reusable containers cuts down on awful ziplock baggies and tinfoil. And I make Leah's lunch almost every morning and find it uninspiring and mundane. Ugh. "What do I have in my fridge that I can stuff in a bag while making breakfasts?"

Not any more!

My First Bento-Style Lunch! 
Of course, I'm just getting into the spirit of this trend at the END of the school year. Typical. However, this summer both kids will need to bring cold lunches to camp everyday. That's two lunches, plus snacks, each day for three months.

So, you can bet, you'll be seeing more of my little lunch box creations. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year