Carpet Ordered for the Stairs

We're talking lots and lots about flooring, as today starts the DRYWALL portion of our basement work. Wohoo!

We set the flooring budget and I did a bunch of research on all the options out there. And there is a lot to think about. The most important consideration was the stairs -- we wanted the stairs to look professionally done, so that first impression of our basement isn't my DIY disaster. I looked at (and priced out) installing a runner, painting the treads, carpeting, etc. And we just decided paying for the professional carpet installation on the stairs was what we wanted most. And it only ate up 1/3 of our budget (we tacked on the bedroom, too).

Here's what I picked:
Very Neutral Carpet For the Stairs
This company (Empire) also had laminate flooring that looked like what we found at Floor & Decor, but their all-in estimate blew my budget out of the water. So, I picked a carpet color that would match that laminate we're considering and we can delay that BIG decision a little longer. (It's 900 square feet, so we want to be confident in that choice.) Also, it's neutral and has hints of gray and tan -- which is the direction of we're going with the walls.

I ordered it and scheduled the installation date for Dec. 19. Meaning, I have to get the painting done in those areas ASAP!

It's. All. Happening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year