Winter Time in the Midwest

I do love the change of seasons. And the beginning of winter always feels a little magical, as does the start of all the seasons, I guess. There's a part of me that welcomes the white snow and frigid temperatures. I like layering up to walk outside and pulling a throw blanket around me when I sit down for a movie. Sipping tea and eating toast on a Sunday morning as the snow falls outside. Cozy. Warm. All those lovely feelings.

Exploring the Bus Stop After the First Big Snow

Calling the Kids in at Dark From Sledding For Hours

A Shimmery, Frost-Covered Leaf
My Backyard on a Snowy Night

But the romance with winter doesn't last. Oh no. By January I'm done with it. And by February I'm so over winter I get bitter and angry, the hashtag #ihatewinter used in all my photo captions.

But until then, I'll just enjoy the magic of new beginnings and silvery-white scenery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project