Bathroom Project: Beige Bathroom Begone!

A Look at the Mirror
We were supposed to be heading to camp this weekend to help Liza and Eric get their cabin and camp ready for the summer. But those plans were canceled (long story) and instead, Leah and are spending these three weekdays at home on a "stay-cation."

I have tons on my to-do list, including cleaning out the office (check!) and getting to the DMV (not likely). But the top of that list is painting the guest half-bath across from the laundry room. I picked out the colors sometimes in March and have been staring at the swatches on the wall ever since.

Complete!
The painting project is a little more advanced because I want two colors: avocado green and a steely blue. And the ceiling are super-high; only a ladder is going to get into the tippy-top corners. And bathrooms, with all the tight corners, are my least favorite rooms to paint. But with the day off and Leah willing to assist me, we set to work.

Before, the room was a beige box. I replaced the builder-grade mirror with a nice grey framed mirror. I got a brushed bronze towel bar and will be looking for a similar light fixture later in the week.

Overall, I love the result. The dark color is soothing and makes the white sink and toilet pop out. And the light green is unexpected and fun.

I'll need to add some finishing touches -- art, rugs and towels -- but I'm glad to get this painting project off my long list.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project