Fall Excitement


This fall features the release of a smorgasbord of books from my absolute favorite authors. I’m so anxious to start reading!  Here’s the line-up:

 Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr: Wicked Lovely was one of my favorite series. No matter how deep into the fairy world it got, Marr was able to ground it for me. This new series sounds more mad-capped and romantic. It’s getting rave reviews. (Out now.) 

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor: This is a sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, which featured twists I didn’t see coming (I’m crazy-good at spotting twists) and Taylor’s excellent writing. Karou’s entire world is literally falling down around her, so I gotta know where this is going. Excerpt here. (Out Nov.)
 
The Kill Order by James Dashner: I wasn’t even hoping for this one, but BANG, here it is. The Maze Runner prequel is said to be a nonstop ride that ends with (get this:) Thomas entering the Maze – how cool is that?! I’m breathless just thinking about it. (Out now.) 

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: I pledge to read everything Maggie writes (even that weird autobiography she’ll release in her 50s with syrupy life metaphors and candy hearts). Her style is graceful, witty and cutting. Razor sharp. The Shiver series was epic. The Scorpio Races was beautiful. This is a four-book series about bad boys and a good girl. I am all in. (Sept. 18) 

Scrivener's Moon by Phillip Reeve: This is the third and final book in the fantastic Fever Crumb series and I can't wait to see how it ends. I've always been charmed by Fever and her "logical" thinking and watching her grow-up has been exciting. And with the Mortal Engines series coming out in the U.S., I won't have to be sad to leave the world behind, as there is more to come. (Nov. 1)

Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver: I don’t read a lot of “adult-focused” fiction, mostly because I find adults tedious and boring. But when I do, Kingsolver is one of my all-time faves. Prodigal Summer still sticks to me like gum on my shoe and I’m committed to finish Poisonwood Bible at some point (she sometimes gets too melodrama for me). This new one tackles climate change and faith with a spunky Kentucky farm wife and I can’t wait.  (Nov. 6)

Lastly, I might be tempted by the new Michael Chabon book, Telegraph Avenue. I find his writing so dense, I need a quiet room and four weeks to get through it but his latest about a record shop in Oakland sounds about my speed. It's on the "maybe -- if I get to it" list.  

Looking ahead, and switching mediums, I’m so excited to hear about Before Midnight – the third movie in the Before Sunset series. I’m such a fan of these movies and had no idea there was even hope of a third. Jesse and Celine are coming back! Just something to look forward to in the Spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project