My Birthday -- A Feel-Good Day

If you know me at all, you know I'm not shy about my birthday. I never understood the point of not telling everyone, going all modest, and dropping it into conversation a week later: "oh, it was my birthday last Friday." Silly. It's your ONE birthday! It's like having your own national holiday. Come on!
A Toast to Me
And it was a great day with lots of family hugs and lots of phone calls and messages. And with Leah's birthday so close to mine, I intend to continue celebrating until the end of the month.

Because I'm looking at only a few more weeks of full-time work (more on that later), I decided to work all day. It was a pretty easy day (except for some morning chaos), so no big deal.

When I got home, I got all dressed up for an awards banquet for David. He won an award for another project he was on (what a guy!). At first I was down on the idea of spending my birthday with his work colleagues but it turned out great! The company president announced my birthday during his presentation, and they brought out a little cupcake for me. Everyone at our table clapped and it made me feel great. For the rest of the night, people came up and wished me a happy birthday. Also, I got a few compliments on my dress, so that made me feel good, too.
Me and My Man!

So, all around a joyful, feel-good birthday.

It did get me thinking about what new "thing" I was going to start this year. Last year, I decided it was time to wear eye makeup. Don't laugh, but I never, ever wore makeup on a daily basis. But my eyes look old and tired (kids!), so I decided I needed some cosmetic assistance. In the last year I figured out how to apply eyeliner (not easy, still not perfect) and what mascara I preferred. It was a little thing, but I kept it up for the year and now it's just routine.

I've got a mental list of self-improvement projects in my head that includes exercise more, less tv, more writing, more reading, walk after dinner, etc. Nothing seems as fun, simple and rewarding as the eye makeup resolution, so I'll have to do some hard-thinking this weekend.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project