New Books and Other Spring Digging

It's a frigid weekend here in the midwest but we're starting to think about Spring and backyards and gardens and grilling. Oh Spring, you are so full of promise.

Spring also means a slew of new books I can't wait to get my hands on. There are two in particular that I'm counting down the days to their release. The first is Laini Taylor's new book (part one of two) called Strange the Dreamer. Gah! Just the title hooks me in! It looks to be the aftermath of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series and I'm counting down the days.

It's always a good season when my friend Kieran Scott has a new book coming out. This one is called Pretty Fierce (such a rad title) and it's about an assassin's daughter on the run. YES! It comes out in April and of course I've already preordered it. This one is right up my alley, so I can't wait to devour it.


In other book news, I'm sailing through The Rose and the Dagger, which is the sequel to The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. These books are completely un-put-downable. I read the first in less than a week and this second one is going just as quickly. The storytelling is exceptional. It reminds me of another series I read called The Winner's Trilogy. Seriously great books.

Also on my What I'm Totally Digging these days list is:

The Weelicious Insta-Story - Run by Catherine McCord who has authored kid-friendly cookbooks and is a judge on Guy's Grocery Games, she posts her kid's daily smoothie on her Insta-story and there's something so satisfying and inspiration about watching it. Also, on Sundays, she hits the Hollywood Farmer's Market and it's just an amazing series of yummy produce pictures. It's something I look forward to seeing daily.

This Bar Saves Lives - I'm slowly cutting back on processed food I buy for the family -- snack on fruit or nuts, I say. (And a wise person once said: if you don't buy it, they won't eat it.) Anyway, I do like the portability of a granola bar so on weeks I don't scratch-make one, I've been hunting for a good one. I've settles on this one because the girls love the taste, the ingredients are pronounceable and it's philanthropic: With each box we buy, food is sent to a developing community in need.



Related posts:
Other book reviews and lists
Other stuff I'm digging

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project