Not Navy Enough?

We have three sets of shutters on our house that probably haven't been touched since they were installed 20ish years ago. This weekend we finally got around to painting them -- a project that's been on our TO DO list for, oh, five years.

We picked the shade "inked" by Behr because I love navy and wanted it to be dark and moody. But I'm not sure that's what I got ...
Here's the Shutter on the Ground Floor BEFORE
AFTER: "Inked" Shutter
 The color went on super bright blue, but it seemed to darken as it dried. So I went from feeling so-so, to thumbs-up. Then, Dave crawled out of a bedroom to paint the shutters on the upper level.

You can see the "before" on the windows to the left, and the "after" on the right.


I am not completely sold on them and I think it's because either a) I'm not used to seeing a pop of color on my house or b) I simply don't like the color.

I'm giving it a week to decide.


Related links:
Other Home Project posts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project