So Long "Traveling" Furniture

This week, I looked around my house and decided two things.

For Example: The Changing Table/Desk
We Bought When Leah Was Born
1) We have a lot of furniture that was bought for our previous house in New Jersey, making it a decade or older. And, because it was bought for a smaller house, it's never really fit in this new house.

2) Also, we probably have too much furniture and could absolutely get rid of some "traveling" furniture that's been moved around from room to room as it's never really found a home or a purpose here.

For example, we still have the changing table/desk combo we bought for Leah's nursery. And the Crate & Barrel desk hutch that turned the corner of our previous master bedroom into an office.

So, I've been busy identifying these pieces and putting them up on Facebook Marketplace and LetGo to find new homes. I also sent a few smaller things (e.g. a tiny file cabinet) out with a donation pickup.

This leaves me with rearranging (my favorite thing to do) furniture and reimagining spaces and purposes for the items I am keeping.

Here's a BEFORE ...
This Shelf Was Turning Into a Clutter Trap
And an AFTER with a glass-front bookcase I had in our master bedroom ...

Note that there is far less surface for me to clutter up. Also note we're already decorating for Halloween. Hooray!

As we enter in a new season, a good cleaning while moving furniture around is practically internally hardwired into my programming. Not to mention the good feng shui of moving unnecessary furniture clutter OUT.



Related links:
I love some feng shui! 
The 2014 Furniture Purge Story

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project