Shopping with Purpose

I'm always happier when I can buy something that fulfills a want or need in my house and does some good. Lately, I've been finding a bunch of items that fit that description, so I thought I'd round them up in a handy list.

4Oceans - a few times a year I donate $100 to help pull plastic out of the oceans. It's the very least I can do considering all the plastic I PUT in the oceans (it's impossible to avoid plastic, y'all). It's awful. So yup, buying four bracelets and making that donate is a drop in the bucket, but it's something. And the kids enjoy the bracelets and sharing them with friends. (Shop here.)


Who Gives a Crap - imaging cutting down trees in a lush forest so I can wipe my butt (sorry for the visual) is so distasteful to me, in many different ways. 100% "tree free" toilet paper, paper towels and tissues are just becoming a thing and I'm all over it. And this company takes its profits and builds bathrooms in third-world countries. (Shop here.)

FEED Project - I've been really interested in this company forever, so when I started hunting for a Spring tote/purse, I checked out their site where they sell bags, totes and little cosmetic bags. For every bag sold, they feed a kid in a food scarce area. And I got the prettiest tote (that I found on clearance ... sorry, donation or not, a sale is a sale.!) (Shop here.)

Rothys - This company stalked me on Instagram for weeks after I started showing interest in them. They are sustainable shoes that are produced 100% from plastic water bottles. Mind blown. I even talked to a TOTAL STRANGER on an airplane about their comfort and she backed-up the claim that they are SUPER comfortable and she's thrown hers in the washing machine a few times and they're "perfect." I mean, that's too incredible. (Shop here.)

Toms - we've been buying a few shoes from this place, including my new snowy boots (on clearance). Buy a pair, give a pair to a shoeless kid. Heck ya!  (Lots of shoe shopping, can you tell the girls feet are growing?!) (Shop here.)

Grove Collaborative - another company that stalked me on my phone and I finally gave in and tried them. They plant trees to offset shipping emissions, sell only products that are organic and some sustainability and ship in the smallest box possible. They're not 100% plastic free but I like the options and the direction they're heading in. Supporting companies with a conscious is a good thing. (Shop here.)

If you're creating a good product and doing good around the world, then I want to be involved. We vote with every dollar we spend, so I'm much rather give it to companies that are trying to DO GOOD, too. Did I miss any?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project