Red Walls Be Gone

I am not against a red wall or even an accent wall. Far from it. And I'm sure the previous owners of this house were really excited about the red wall. So great for them. 

But for me, not so much. The brassy red tone with the brown/tan walls just felt like a lot of visual noise to me. So, it had to go ... first! 

When you have a very dark wall, it needs to be primed first. So after work last week, I put a layer of primer on it. And even that made me feel a lot less chaotic. 


  And primed ... 

I'm so excited to start with our color. I really wanted a gray-green tone in this dining room -- I don't know why, it just felt like the right direction. With the white lower half continued around the whole room.  

Here's the first coat on that wall. The colors are Behr's Village Green and the white is Behr's Whisper White.  


The color is absolutely amazing. I love it! 


No matter how many rooms I paint I will never ever get over the impact a new color on the wall has in a room. 

Stay tuned. I'll post a pic of the room all put back together and my to-do and shopping lists to make it mostly "final."

Until then, off to decide which room I'll paint next. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project