The Best Shipping Mistake

Something crazy just happened that I have to tell you about! The best shipping mistake. 

I've been in love with this City Maps wallpaper from Rifle Paper Co since it came out a few years ago. I didn't have a spot in our old house for it, so I've just kept my eye on it. 


It's pricey, at $65 per roll, so I knew I needed a small spot that just needed a punch of great design. 

Well, I found a spot. 

In our kitchen's dining area, we have this wall that's between the walk-in pantry and sliding doors, that lead out to the patio and pool. Originally, I put the home computer and "command center" there, but it was getting in the way of the natural traffic flow out the door, so I moved it to the other side.

That left this wall available for pool items -- towels, a bin of shoes, sunscreen, hats, etc. Making it way more functional for our needs. 

The small wall hook decor was purchased in Paris and worked there, but it's not going to be sufficient for the heavy, wet towels and other items coming in and out from outside. So, we decided to do a Jessica Special: A trim board with hooks across the wall and a great, patterned wallpaper below it. My favorite functional design! 

Here's where the amazing mistake happens ... 

I ordered a roll of that lovely city maps peel and stick wallpaper, knowing one will be enough to cover that small piece of wall ... AND FOUR ROLLS SHOWED UP. FOUR. 4!

* Amazed happy dance *

I don't know how it happened. I checked my receipt and confirmation emails and they all showed just the one roll. I definitely didn't pay for four rolls. It was just a shipping mistake. But one that I'm SO SO excited about. 

What will I do with all the extra rolls? Well, remember the first Jessica Special I did here? It's our back hallway, not too far away from this wall in the kitchen. I thought, if I can make these two hook railings look the same, and they'll coordinate the two spaces. And I've got the wallpaper to do it. 


GAH! Well, HELLO beautiful peel and stick wallpaper!!!

I had this up in about 20 minutes and it was an instant brightener. I'm now even more keen to paint this back hallway a bright white. I need more TIME!

It's a great story, anyway. Who gets 4 of something after ordering only 1?! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project