Upstairs Hallway Complete!

Before: Messy Hallway
It wasn't what I planned earlier for the upstairs hallway, but it came out pretty well. 

This is the hallway, that connects the girls' rooms and the bathroom. It had to be green, because the carpeting on the stairs is green (with golden ivy; more on that in a later post). Once I painted the room green (Valspar "Grassy Meadow") it looked far smaller and my cabinet idea was tossed -- it would have complicated the space. 

I had a shelving unit from the pervious owners of our last house -- it was stored in the basement. And I do like to reuse!

It made me very nervous to drill the HUGE holes in the wall. Luckily, I'm generally reckless when it comes to home improvement so I got up the nerve and drilled away. 

I'll need to style the shelving a bit better -- and I'd like to add another shelf to the mix ($14 at Loews) -- but it's a start. That framed map has been in almost every room in the house, so hopefully it has found its home here. Though, I had planned to add a full-length mirror, as well. Mostly so the kids could check their outfits (and hair) before heading downstairs. 

After: Clean and Green
Green is a lovely color.



Related posts:

More decorating stories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project