Hallway Construction Zone: Idea 1

The Space In Need
Outside the bedrooms is large space just calling for a built-in of some sort. Today I'm feeling adventurous. Get this for a plan:

I was wandering around Loews today with the girls and found some unpainted cabinets. If we got two cabinets and attached them to the wall, founds some countertop material to connect them, you could get a very built-in look for under $250.  There is also some upper-cabinets, though I think I'd prefer open book shelves above.

1. Unpainted Cabinet = $67
2. Thinner Cabinet = $51
3. Laminate Counter in Assorted Colors = $50ish (depending on length)

4. OR Use a Solid Pine Counter
The TWO big questions is: 1) Are my math skills good enough to figure this all out? 2) What color should I paint everything? Or stain it? 

Only time will tell. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project