Birthdays Are Special

I love birthdays. Mine, especially. But those of my children the most, too.

Today Leah turns 9. NINE! And I'm looking forward to a week-long celebration.

As usual, she jumped into bed with me this morning to hear her birth story. It always starts "{insert birthday number here} years ago today ..." and I skim the details about labor and c-sections, elaborating on that moment when she entered the world, pooped on the scale (her favorite part) and we laid eyes on her for the first time. Pink as a strawberry.

Her sister created a treasure map to find her gifts this morning. And we've got a special afternoon planned before play practice.

Reading the Map

Opening Gifts
So, yes, birthdays are special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year