Skip to main content

What I'm Diggin' in April 2015

Outlander -- My favorite show, bar NONE, started back up this month for the second part of the first season and I'm living for each new episode on Saturday nights. It's. Just. That. Good!

A Discovery of Witches -- I listen to audio books on my 40-minute commute to work and I've been particular about picking books that are 10 discs or less so I can finish them within a week. But for some reason I decided to give this story, with its 20 discs, a try. I'm halfway through and it will take me about two weeks to get through the whole story but I am loving it. This is what Twilight should have been -- with a DaVinci Code-like story thrown in.

Violet Mackerel book series  -- The girls and I have been reading these books for the last few weeks before bed and I am absolutely in love with Violet. She's sensitive and thoughtful, and she creates all these adorable theories about the world around her. The girls and I discuss her stories and ideas even during the day. We just started book 5 last night.



Soccer coaching -- I'm coaching Leah's U9 travel team and Alice's Kindergarten team, so I find myself thinking of drills and skills I want to bring to the team all day long -- while in the car, in meetings, and even falling asleep at night. I find little papers where I've jotted down practice plans all over the house.



Related links:
Having fun? Read more Digging posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.