Thinking Like a Pro

Being a new head coach in a youth soccer club, I'm learning a lot and quickly.

Like, don't talk to the parents. No matter how much you want to make adult friends. Just don't.

Some parents are jerks and don't get it. And some are cool. And there's no way to tell who will fall into what category.

And hanging out with a team of girls is maybe the best thing ever. Especially if one of them is your kid.

This week we're holding our annual tryouts and building out our teams for next year. And given all the emails I'm swapping, players we're moving, parents freak-outs we're considering, etc. etc. I feel like I'm in the throes of a mini-NFL draft.

Even though I'm new and feeling like a novice, I quite like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project