Lilacs in Bloom

There's nothing that tells me it's Spring more than the scent of lilacs in my house. 

Growing up, we had a large lilac bush in our backyard and every year my Mom cut an enormous bouquet of flowers for the dining room table that you could smell in every corner of the house. 

Don't you love how some scents remind you of childhood memories? 

These days I cut lilacs from a house up the street with a long row of lilacs -- as my attempts to grow them in our yard have been unsuccessful. (I swear the owner doesn't mind.) 

Happy Spring -- despite the frost warnings this week. 

Spring Lilacs

Silly Alice At the Bus Stop



Related links:
More BACKYARD posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project