Blues and Greens for the Master Bedroom

The time has come. My master bedrooms has been neglected since we moved in four years ago and the time has come to pump up the style.

As usual, we'll start with the walls -- the mint green has to go. While I'll admit the color isn't horrible, there are scuffs and chips all over the 10-year-old (maybe older) paint job.

I started this month by haunting the hardware stores in the area, gathering attractive paint chips, and putting samples up on the wall. Here's the current color choices with my favorite-ever duvet that will inspire the whole decorating effort.

Paint Choices
That dark blue option is called "Everard" from Benjamin Moore. Finding it made the Ace Hardware paint guy a little nuts because I discovered it on this (lovely) blog but apparently it is no longer an available chip. But they finally found it and the sample looks pretty close to the blue in the duvet.

I think a nice dark blue will give the room a warm, relaxed feeling perfect for sleeping.

But before I commit, I want to try a darkish green, emerald color. I've always thought a jungle green room would be super cool and there are some darker hues on this duvet.

Outside of paint, I'm adding a second, white bedside table and rethinking the curtains (more on that to come). The rest of the work will be reorganizing pictures and decor once the paint is on the wall.

It's not really Spring unless I'm painting something in this house, right?!



Related links:
More Master Bedroom posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year