The Dream House

I have this reoccurring dream about a house. It's old and huge and needs a ton of rehab. And we're either buying it or we're just moving in.

From the front yard, it looks like it's set in a lush, dark green jungle and just off a main road. The busy main road makes me nervous about the girls playing out front. The back of the house is right on the beach, with sand on the back porch, and tall, rocky cliffs crowding in on both sides. It's windy and the sand and ocean stretch out forever. There are usually a crowd of boats and surfers in the water. In one dream, a storm rolled in with large waves and rain. In another, we built a huge water slide from the roof straight into the sea and Alice was too scared to ride down it.

From Abandon Places Gallery
Some dreams take place only inside the house, and I find myself wandering around the decaying rooms and thinking of all the work needed. Sometimes, I pick a room and clean it up, paint it and move into it. (Yes, I'm doing housework in my dreams!) Others, I'm just touring and imaging the possibilities. Sometimes I'm alone but usually the kids or David is with me either telling me I'm crazy or holding a paint brush and getting down to work.

 I've seen a huge dining room with tiered levels. I've seen a huge ballroom. And a dusty parlor with ancient furniture. A set of oak stairs that creaked when we stepped on them. And a room that overlooked the beach through a wall of dirty windows.

I looked it up and here's what DreamMoods says about seeing a house in your dreams:
To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche....
To see an abandoned house in your dream implies that you have left behind your past. You are ready to move forward toward the future. To dream that you are cleaning your house signifies your need to clear out your thoughts and get rid of old ways. You are seeking self-improvement....
To see an old, run-down house in your dream represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking. If you see messy and/or dilapidated houses in your dream, then it implies that an aspect of your own life is in chaos. You may be suffering from some emotional or psychological clutter. You need to release these feelings in order to regain control....
To dream that water is rising up in your house, suggests that you are becoming overwhelmed by your emotions.

Interesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year