Skip to main content

What I'm Diggin' in November 2017

There's frost on the ground and I just pulled out my puffy Northface coat ... so it must be November. Here's my latest list of what I'm loving right now.

I've got the most fantastic print/shipping place just around the corner and I'm so grateful. With all the documents I need for the move, and all the stuff I'm shipping away, they're making my life just a little easier. And the guys there are so helpful and sweet! I used them in September to color print Alice's birthday invitations from this lovely Etsy shop, and it was super easy and not expensive. Don't you just love a small business with great customer service!

Outlander: Jamie and Fergus
(from EW.com)
Guys, Outlander is back and I'm totally in love with it again. I have to say the Paris storyline last season was not my favorite, but this season is completely on fire. I've got a major crush on grown-up Fergus, though Jamie is still my main man. There are not many shows I consider a weekly must-watch. This is one of them. It's all just so, so good.

Speaking of, have you seen King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. Ok, so I dug The Man From UNCLE last year. I thought it was totally underrated and I may be the only Guy Ritchie fan left but this King Arthur movie was just as awesome. I just love an action adventure and all the fab cutscenes and slow motion that defines Ritchie's signature filmmaking. I'm sure you didn't see it, but I highly recommend both. 

At my last hair appointment, I made my stylist crazy flopping back and forth about cutting bangs. (Of course, I even made a Pinterest board.) This was just before our last Paris trip and I wanted to update my style. I finally gave her the green light to "Just Cut Them" and I'm so glad I did. They're the "side-swept bang" version and they're perfect. AND Leah thought they made me look like a "teenager" -- which I think she was trying to say was bad, but NOT BAD. SO not bad! Yippee!

A friend recently invited me to a Beauty Counter party at her house. Have you heard of it? The company is super-obsessive about safe ingredients for cosmetics and face creams, etc. I bought a few items and after a few months of use, I can say that they're amazing: super light and great-smelling. I specifically enjoy the charcoal face mask and daily skin wash. And because you only need a pea-size portion, the items I bought are long-lasting, which helps offset the cost. If you're in the market, look into it.

Candy or Vitamins? Both!
I caved and got those gummy vitamins. I know I'm late to this party, because I was all snotty about gummy vitamins "because, ugh, adults can just swallow capsules it's not hard." But, guys! It's so much fun to have a little sweet candy each day ... and know it's good for you -- vitamins. High five! Anyway, here's a picture of the brand I'm taking.

And do you watch Instagram Stories? If you do, go and follow Zoe Bakes. She's a Minneapolis-based baker who films short how-to bake videos for her stories. They're very well done and I find them mesmerizing. And she does them pretty often. I'm not much of a baker, but I feel inspired when I watch them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.