My Own British Invasion This Month

Lately it seems my anglophilia has been overriding my francophile-ing. As in, I've been digging a lot of British things -- and I think I'm long overdue for a trip to London. Right?

For instance, Netflix is streaming Jamie Oliver's cooking show "Jamie and Jimmy's Friday Food Fight" and it's giving me life this week. The Britishisms are killing me ... "get it in your gob" and "in the bin" and his signature lisp. Not to mention all the focus on food waste. I mean. I'm in nerdy-"cooker" heaven.

Then the obvious, I was in tears watching the Prince Harry and Meghan wedding. Who wasn't?! What a great little Cinderella story and the whole wedding was done with such sweet dignity. And who among us didn't think that sunshine was from a special someone looking down on the whole thing. *Sniff*

Yup, I've got my commemorative teacup and mugs, care of a British Shop in my neighborhood and some sweet friends. And I'll be looking for the photo magazine to add to the William and Kate's book I own. I just love me some British Royalty, what can I say?

Speaking of royalty, I've also found a bunch of BBC documentaries about English castles and their history and eating it up.

Plus, we can't seem to avoid the Marks & Spencer market-- despite all the plastic, I'm doing my best. Their delicious taco mixes, pasta sauce, English cheddar, etc. has been filling our dinner menus all week.

Yup, definitely time to book a trip to merry ole England.



Related posts:
Other things I've been digging
Our last trip to London was epic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project