Holiday Gift List Round-Up 2018 Edition

With the holidays fast approaching, I'm of course doing some online shopping, as I do every year (although with a lot less vigor considering our nomadic state and not seeing my siblings, boo). So, for your clicking pleasure, here's a round-up of really worthy gifts for the people on your list.

Tentree is a company that plants 10 trees with every item you order. And my lucky number is 10. So. Win-win. Last year I ordered this sweatshirt from Wholesome Culture, another eco brand, and have it on steady rotation.

4Ocean sells bracelets for $20 and for each sold, they pull a pound of plastic out of the ocean. I got them for everyone in my family to thank them for putting up with my plastic reduction efforts this year and the sacrifices they make because "Mom won't buy it because it's wrapped in too much plastic."

I love the journals from this small business called Letterfolk. They have pretty letterboards, too but the journals are beautifully made and you know I love a quality journal.

For low/no-waste gifts, I love the idea of getting someone an Audible or Spotify subscription. Kindle and iTunes gift cards.

Speaking of living more sustainably, there's a bunch of stuff you can get someone to help them move to a less-plastic lifestyle. You can never have too many chico bags, I carry one everywhere I go. ("J'ai mon sac!") I don't shut-up about bamboo toothbrushes, travel utensil sets, glass straws and the beautiful glass jars I use all over the house. Or just give them Zero Waste Home, the book that inspired me.

If you're looking for books, there are a few new ones out that I'm excited to pick up: Wilco's lead singer Jeff Tweedy's biography is called "Let's Go (So We Can Get Back)" practically my motto. There's a Beastie Boys biography that Dave is anxious to pick up. I still don't have Joanna Gaines' book "Homebody" (also my monicker), The Minimalist Kitchen looks awesome and I've been cooking out of Jamie Oliver's 5 Ingredients cookbook and love it.

I've been making stovetop popcorn, so I'm drooling over this super-cute popper pot from Uncommon Goods that has a lid and everything! But then I saw this one, which is microwavable and dribbles butter on the popcorn while it's popping. NEED. IT.

Lastly, don't forget about the joy of hand-making things for loved ones. I have a crafty Pinterest board of things I'd love to try to do, if you're looking for a little inspiration.

Happy holidays!




Related posts:
More holiday-related posts , including last year's holiday shopping list
More of my plastic-free living stories

Comments

  1. Your article is very smart.I love to browse your diary's posts everyday and that i got vast facilitate from your blog and developed a brand new app spotify premium mod apk you'll be able to check.Thanks for wonderful diary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project