Skip to main content

Holiday Gift List Round-Up 2018 Edition

With the holidays fast approaching, I'm of course doing some online shopping, as I do every year (although with a lot less vigor considering our nomadic state and not seeing my siblings, boo). So, for your clicking pleasure, here's a round-up of really worthy gifts for the people on your list.

Tentree is a company that plants 10 trees with every item you order. And my lucky number is 10. So. Win-win. Last year I ordered this sweatshirt from Wholesome Culture, another eco brand, and have it on steady rotation.

4Ocean sells bracelets for $20 and for each sold, they pull a pound of plastic out of the ocean. I got them for everyone in my family to thank them for putting up with my plastic reduction efforts this year and the sacrifices they make because "Mom won't buy it because it's wrapped in too much plastic."

I love the journals from this small business called Letterfolk. They have pretty letterboards, too but the journals are beautifully made and you know I love a quality journal.

For low/no-waste gifts, I love the idea of getting someone an Audible or Spotify subscription. Kindle and iTunes gift cards.

Speaking of living more sustainably, there's a bunch of stuff you can get someone to help them move to a less-plastic lifestyle. You can never have too many chico bags, I carry one everywhere I go. ("J'ai mon sac!") I don't shut-up about bamboo toothbrushes, travel utensil sets, glass straws and the beautiful glass jars I use all over the house. Or just give them Zero Waste Home, the book that inspired me.

If you're looking for books, there are a few new ones out that I'm excited to pick up: Wilco's lead singer Jeff Tweedy's biography is called "Let's Go (So We Can Get Back)" practically my motto. There's a Beastie Boys biography that Dave is anxious to pick up. I still don't have Joanna Gaines' book "Homebody" (also my monicker), The Minimalist Kitchen looks awesome and I've been cooking out of Jamie Oliver's 5 Ingredients cookbook and love it.

I've been making stovetop popcorn, so I'm drooling over this super-cute popper pot from Uncommon Goods that has a lid and everything! But then I saw this one, which is microwavable and dribbles butter on the popcorn while it's popping. NEED. IT.

Lastly, don't forget about the joy of hand-making things for loved ones. I have a crafty Pinterest board of things I'd love to try to do, if you're looking for a little inspiration.

Happy holidays!




Related posts:
More holiday-related posts , including last year's holiday shopping list
More of my plastic-free living stories

Comments

  1. Your article is very smart.I love to browse your diary's posts everyday and that i got vast facilitate from your blog and developed a brand new app spotify premium mod apk you'll be able to check.Thanks for wonderful diary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.