Milan For the Weekend

Last summer, as Leah's bestie was moving away to Milan, we promised Leah we would go visit her pal before we left the continent. Well, seeing our time here dwingling, I quickly booked the airline ticket. Originally, I was just going to fly with Leah, or we'd bring Alice and David would stay behind, but we all decided to go enjoy Italy for the weekend, and who could blame us.

We have been to Milan once before in 2010 while we were living in Germany for that short time. And it's always so rewarding to go back to a city after some time and re-experiencing a few things and getting to see more. Kinda of like watching a movie again .... you get more out of it. Plus, the kids are now older so that's a whole new element.

Once we dropped off Leah to her friends house, we walked over to the Duomo and shopped in the area. I had planned a museum visit but that was quickly rejected and mutiny ruled the weekend. Oh well.

With Leah off at her friend's house, it was just Alice ... a single kid for the first time. She took full advantage of having us all to herself.

I'll write more about where we ate and stayed in the details post, but I will say that Milan is a great, very walkable and friendly city. I love the mix of old and new architecture and it feels a lot more modern as compared to Rome or Florence. We ate lunch with an Italian colleague and she describes Milan as the bridge between industrial Europe and Italy.

The people are super nice here and the food is ... well, Italian for me simply the best. I can't speak for the museums (not my fault, I attempted), though the ancient castle is completely AWESOME and worth a trip to see in itself. I love a castle!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project