Slowly Starting My Days Here

Quarantine has spoiled me in one important part of my day: The mornings. 

My only alarm clock is this little dog's bladder (or mine). We hop out of bed, head downstairs and while she and Bruce hit the backyard, I make my cup of coffee and we meet on the sofa where I think about my day, fill out my to-do list, grocery list, etc. I look at Instagram and play Words with Friends with my sisters. And sometimes I'll get in a 15 minute meditation on Headspace.  


Most days, the girls will join me on the living room sofas and we'll chit-chat about the day or who they're watching on Instagram. They eat breakfast, too. 

Then, on weekdays, I jump up to get dressed and into the home office by 8:30 to start work. And on weekends, well, it just depends on what I want to tackle first. 

It's important to honor these natural rhythms that happen in life because, like all things, it's temporary. This will all change soon enough as another season of our lives begin. But, for now, I'm super in love with this slow start.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project