What I'm Diggin' in November 2017

There's frost on the ground and I just pulled out my puffy Northface coat ... so it must be November. Here's my latest list of what I'm loving right now.

I've got the most fantastic print/shipping place just around the corner and I'm so grateful. With all the documents I need for the move, and all the stuff I'm shipping away, they're making my life just a little easier. And the guys there are so helpful and sweet! I used them in September to color print Alice's birthday invitations from this lovely Etsy shop, and it was super easy and not expensive. Don't you just love a small business with great customer service!

Outlander: Jamie and Fergus
(from EW.com)
Guys, Outlander is back and I'm totally in love with it again. I have to say the Paris storyline last season was not my favorite, but this season is completely on fire. I've got a major crush on grown-up Fergus, though Jamie is still my main man. There are not many shows I consider a weekly must-watch. This is one of them. It's all just so, so good.

Speaking of, have you seen King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. Ok, so I dug The Man From UNCLE last year. I thought it was totally underrated and I may be the only Guy Ritchie fan left but this King Arthur movie was just as awesome. I just love an action adventure and all the fab cutscenes and slow motion that defines Ritchie's signature filmmaking. I'm sure you didn't see it, but I highly recommend both. 

At my last hair appointment, I made my stylist crazy flopping back and forth about cutting bangs. (Of course, I even made a Pinterest board.) This was just before our last Paris trip and I wanted to update my style. I finally gave her the green light to "Just Cut Them" and I'm so glad I did. They're the "side-swept bang" version and they're perfect. AND Leah thought they made me look like a "teenager" -- which I think she was trying to say was bad, but NOT BAD. SO not bad! Yippee!

A friend recently invited me to a Beauty Counter party at her house. Have you heard of it? The company is super-obsessive about safe ingredients for cosmetics and face creams, etc. I bought a few items and after a few months of use, I can say that they're amazing: super light and great-smelling. I specifically enjoy the charcoal face mask and daily skin wash. And because you only need a pea-size portion, the items I bought are long-lasting, which helps offset the cost. If you're in the market, look into it.

Candy or Vitamins? Both!
I caved and got those gummy vitamins. I know I'm late to this party, because I was all snotty about gummy vitamins "because, ugh, adults can just swallow capsules it's not hard." But, guys! It's so much fun to have a little sweet candy each day ... and know it's good for you -- vitamins. High five! Anyway, here's a picture of the brand I'm taking.

And do you watch Instagram Stories? If you do, go and follow Zoe Bakes. She's a Minneapolis-based baker who films short how-to bake videos for her stories. They're very well done and I find them mesmerizing. And she does them pretty often. I'm not much of a baker, but I feel inspired when I watch them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project