Skip to main content

Things Got a Little Crazy on Etsy ...

Last week I started my holiday shopping list ... I know, I know, I'm one of THOSE people.

One of the reasons I make this list so early is to consider what I'm going to hand-make for my fortunate friends and family members. This year I'm planning on crafting a few pendents, a baby quilt, and some kitchen napkins.

I made an attempt to hit my favorite quilting store, but they were closed on Saturday afternoon when I was out that way ... so, that evening after dinner with a cold bottle of Magner's hard cider (yummy!) I pulled out the laptop and did some fabric shopping at Etsy.

A hard cider buzz and Etsy. This is a bad combination.

Let's just say, more than enough fabric was purchased for holiday crafting. WAY more than enough. There should be a warning label on the side of my Magner's bottle that says "do not drink and shop on Etsy."

The upshot is: a few days later I got two boxes in the mail of the most beautiful fabric and I'm completely inspired and excited to start sewing.

Fabric Is So Pretty
(In all honesty, this is about half the fabric purchased. The other half was washed this weekend to start working with this week.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.