Alice's Hair Brushing Class

Here's one for the scrapbook.

It's Sunday afternoon and Leah's at a sleepover and all is quiet in Alice's room. I'm puttering around the house and Dave is watching football. I love quiet afternoons like this.

Alice has been down a few times for supplies, including a coach pillow she needed to have in her room "forever."

Later, I'm getting her ready for bed and finally enter her room. Here's what I find: Three pillows set-up with blanket "chairs" and a swatch of doll hair taped to each pillow. There are hair brushes on each pillow. The Barbie is set up on a "desk" ready for the demonstration of how to correctly brush hair.

Nearby, three dolls now have much shorter hair.

Is it wrong that I just laughed and laughed?

Anyway, she quickly enrolls me in her hair brushing class, which I pass with flying colors -- I'm happy to add. Alice is an excellent instructor and shows me a few times the right technique.




I know I probably should be mad about something here. But I love her imagination at work. And I'm  not going to punish that. After the class, I helped her clean up. And she told me the dolls love their new looks, though she promised Ariel a "complete makeover" later the next day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project