Skip to main content

Pretty Outfits for Thanksgiving

Usually I buy a cute outfit for each of my girls to wear to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving. In year's past, they've been semi-coordinated (the only time of year I do this, I promise) but often I just strive for something matching and void of stains.

This year, I allowed them to online shop with me. This made me nervous because they often point to clothes I think are ugly or ridiculous looking. Am I going to buy them a sweatshirt with a over-glittered "Selfie" written across the front, no! No, I will not. I've been burned on the Disney-character t-shirt they beg for and never wear again, too. Yes, shopping for them is usually a solo effort by me.

But sometimes I like to take the "temperature" of what kind of clothes they're "into" this year. I don't want to be accused of not allowing them self-expression, right? And I should be "guiding" their styles just a bit so they don't turn into fashion disasters. (That's a lot of quotes.)

Anyway, my faith in their burgeoning fashion sense has been renewed.

Look how cute this little jumper Alice picked out?! On sale, too. Isn't it the best?

Animal Applique Dress
It went like this:
"Mama, I like that one!" 
"You do?!" 
"Yes, can get a matching sweater?" 
*Add to cart* 
"Done!"

Not to be outdone, Leah picked this dress from Gymboree ...
Geo Print Dress
but then talked me into this skirt from Boden. She's a sucker for anything with owls on it. And now we have some options for the big day.

Pretty Printed Skirt
Overall, a productive evening of online shopping. Now we pray to the shipping gods that everything arrives on time ... and fits. 




Related posts:
Other shopping lists 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.