Kid's Art Gallery Project

Here's a super simple project I did in the upstairs hallway that was inspired by Pinterest. And, best of all, it cost me NOTHING. Gratis!

Problem: Way too many pieces of art came home from the kids after school got out and over the summer from day camps.

Also a Problem: The wall in the upstairs hallway was a mess. I don't love the shelves -- they're too cluttered an undefined (and unstyled). And though I love the antique sofa (dubbed "The Reading Couch") that I got from my Grandmother-in-law, it's not all that well cared for, poor lady.

After swiping through Pinterest I found a picture of an art gallery "board" that contained all the things I had around the house. Kinda. It would certainly have my own flair.

Detail View!
Materials: A pine board left over from the board and batten project in the entryway. Two eye hooks -- or more preciously "D-Ring Hangers" from a picture hanging kit. Two hooks I got to hang ferns from the front-porch ceiling and never did. (In hindsight, they probably wouldn't have held the plants.) And string from a spool I got from the Michaels clearance bin a few weeks ago ... just because.

The Process: ... is pretty simple. I did the D-Ring hangers first. Then, twist in the hooks and attached the string.

Pro Tip: Attach that string tight. Artwork is heavy!

And viola! That weird, empty wall in the upstairs hallway becomes a cluttered gallery of kid's art.

The Finished Project!
In the future, I can see: a) the wall color changing ... I'm slowly falling out of love with this color. b) cleaning out the art and showing just two or three pieces. Or even some photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project