A Bright Piece of Paris

Souvenirs come in all shapes and sizes. For me, I was so excited to bring home these inexpensive fixtures we got at Ikea in Paris. They hung in the long entry hall of our Paris apartment and were the first light we flicked on when we got home.

Of course I wanted to hang them in our home when we returned.

Just After Hanging the Lights
The electrician we worked with in our bathroom said we'd need new hardware, as European electric standards are different than the U.S. They recommended these pendants that fit perfectly in the shades. And the electrician spent is last hour here hanging these three lights.

And now they grace our back hallway and finish out the laundry room!

The Back Hallway Lighting Improved
Before: Ugly Little Boob Light
After: Happy BIG Paris Light
The bulbs give a soft light, so I may upgrade to a brighter bulb for the laundry room for a brighter room. But they're a perfect souvenir to remember our time in Paris every time I look up.



Related links:
More Home Projects
See details about my Laundry Room project

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project