Shopping Our Master Bathroom

This is the type of post I really appreciate when I look at all my favorite DIY blogs. Because, you see these great renovations and wonder: "Cool! I wonder where they got that {fill in the blank}?"

It's so much easier to shop what other people actually bought and installed, instead of scrolling through lists and lists of lamps and reading comments, etc.

Happy shopping!
Shower and Tub View
The Shopping List: Grey Floor Tile | Shower Faucet and Dial | Subway Tile | Hex Tile | Freestanding Bathtub | Bathtub Faucet

Double Vanities
The Vanities Wall
The Shopping List: Dove Grey Vanities | Gooseneck Vanity Lights | Round Mirrors | Black Matte Faucets | Small Clock | Toilet (in water closet)


In The Closet
The Shopping List: Wall-Mounted Shoe Storage 

Paint Colors: Walls are Halation from Behr, water closet is Forever Denim from Behr, and pop-of-color yellow in the linen closet is Behr's Hawaiian Pineapple (all purchased at Home Depot) 

A few things to note: 

Most of these items are from Home Depot. I did that because the Home Depot credit card gave me a small discount for the first order, had most of the items I wanted at a good or discounted price, I could easily keep track of spending/budget, and their customer service was pretty good. Plus, I have a store in my neighborhood, so I could easily and conveniently return anything without shipping and they guarantee no-hassle when I use their card. 

I learned this the hard way. In my basement bathroom I sourced items from a Floor & Decor store 45 minutes away and online on Amazon. So when the contractor ran out of tile, I had to rush down to that store to buy more. And the sink from Amazon was so unusual the plumber had to go to the hardware store four times to figure out how to hook it up. 

Also, I splurged on some items (the sink faucets, for example) and went cheap in other areas, including the bathtub and vanity lights. I comparison shopped for hours, spent way too much time looking at EVERYTHING but I can say I gave all the shopping a solid effort.   



Related posts:
Need a reminder of what this space looked like? See the BEFORE pictures

More Bathroom posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project