Sewing the Dining Room Curtains

Just Hung the Rod
I'm about to tackle my biggest sewing project yet ... the dining room curtains.

My plan is to use chevron (zig-zag) curtains because I love the dynamic feel of them and the navy will continue my theme.

Over the year, I've picked up chevron placemats and made a rainbow chevron throw pillow. I also found chevron contact paper, though I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

I thought I'd just buy pre-made panels, but no store is selling them. Etsy had a listing and at $165.00, I thought it was a pretty good deal but never got around to pushing the "BUY" button.

So, when I was at the fabric store last weekend, and saw it for $18.97/yard -- about $100. I thought I could make that work. Add in the $40 curtain rod from Home Depot and we're rolling!

This should be pretty straightforward -- I'm just doing a pocket for the rod at the top and a hem. Two panels and I'll swath them out with some hooks. (Heh, easier said than done...)

That is 6 yards of zig-zagging!
Of course, this is just the warm up for the BIG project in the family room -- three hidden tab curtains. Ugh. I spent one night this week looking at tutorials.

I'm lucky that I have a room that's clear enough that I can lay out the fabric to mark (with a construction ruler, my sewing tape isn't nearly long enough) and pin the hem.

Though, I'm not going to be able to iron the panels too easily. Oh well.

And because I'm not the kind of person who will stay up all night on a sewing project, I'm off to bed. Prepared to tackle it all in the morning.



Related links:
More chevron madness!
See all the posts about my dining room

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project