Skip to main content

Fabric Store Success

Family Room Window
The rumors are true ... there's a Loomcraft outlet 20 minutes from my house. (I know, you're pea-green with envy.) It's conveniently located next to a popular kids birthday destination, so last weekend I dropped Leah off at a party there and wandered the aisles of home decor fabric. Pretty sweet.

My goals were plenty. David has been campaigning for curtains in the family room to block out the light while watching TV in the middle of the day. And I've been pining for chevron curtains in the dining room for the last year. I'm also thinking about updating my duvet cover in the master bedroom. See, lots and lots of ideas. 

Dining Room Window
In the end, I decided on a great navy chevron for the dining room and a dark navy fabric for the family room (Dave is ecstatic). And, I spotted a remnant that looked vaguely Scandinavian with birds similar to those in the kitchen. It was marked rather high for what it was so I bargained down to $3.50/yard (there was a dirt smudge).

Overall, a successful trip. Now for the hard part ... dust off the sewing machine. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.