Another Use for Tin Foil

I always like to read those "Other Uses" features in magazines. Real Simple does it so well. So here's my attempt at it.

I've had this lamp forever. It's had a few different shades on it, the latest was beige, and since I'm banning beige from this house (it's all over the walls) it had to go. I bought a very YELLOW lampshade a few months ago, because that's my living room accent color. However, it's not meant to fit the lamp, so it sits crooked on the base.

A Shade Askew
I've been looking at it askance for months, formulating my fix. Is there a piece at the hardware store I can buy? Will leftover Play Dough do it? The solution I finally decided on ... TIN FOIL. Eureka!

The Solution: Tin Foil
In about five minutes, I shaped the tin foil around the base of the shade, where it meets the lamp and created a customized seat for it. The tin foil easily curled around the base and secured to the shade. The result: Hooray! A straight lampshade.

Success! 
Best of all, the solution was practically free.



Related posts:
See more of my nifty solutions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project