Limbo City

We're still here.

I ran into a parent I knew from day care this weekend and he was kinda shocked to see me. "Aren't you moving?"

Ugh.

It keeps happening. At Smashburger after yoga (I regret that stop), getting frozen yogurt and the playground.

I just explain things are taking a lot longer than we thought ... which is the truth. I was planning to be settling in by Halloween and here we are, looking at Thanksgiving as the new target.

Limbo City.

Now, had I known we'd be around for two solid months I'd have found a part-time PreK program for Alice, who is bored out of her gourd at home all day -- without Leah and with her lame ("let's clean the kitchen again!") Mom. I might have found some after-school activities for Leah, like soccer or swimming that some of the other kiddos take. But of course, without the help of a magic crystal ball, I wouldn't have known that.

Meanwhile, I'm so juiced up on design shows I'm starting to rearrange furniture in the house just to get it out of my system. And it's a great way to stay warm during the day, as the new furnace is not yet hooked up. At least I can't see my breath. Yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project