The Secret Sauce

When it comes to spray cleaners for my house, I prefer the organic brands. They're not made from harsh chemicals, so I don't have to worry about who is around when I'm using them or what I'm cleaning. And the sharp ammonia smell always bothered me.

The previous owners of the house didn't feel the same way and, in the spirit of generosity, left a few bottles of Windex, TopJob and 409 cleaners. I just shoved them aside, feeling too guilty about pouring them down the drain or trashing them.

Since putting the house on the market I've been going through spray cleaner quicker than tissue in a preschool, so I pulled out the Windex one afternoon when my Method spray was gone.

My question is this: What the HELL is inside Windex?

It makes my counters sparkle, the stove top shine, takes up grubby oil in two wipes and generally makes the kitchen look brand-new. There's a noticeable difference.

I still worry when I drop a strawberry on the counter -- can I eat it? Clean it again? Because whatever secret sauce is in Windex, I doubt I want to be eating it. Ammonia-D doesn't sound like something I want to pack in the kids lunches. But *dang* if you're looking for some sparkle, there's no beating it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project