My Veronica Mars-a-Thon

In 2005 there was a little show on called Veronica Mars that I didn't watch. Back then I was in my 20s working until 6:30 or 7 each night and seeing a lot of concerts, plus, this was a time BEFORE DVR. Veronica Mars, a show about a teen detective, did not strike my fancy no matter how much my fellow YA-culture-obsessed friends loved it.



I remember clearly the outrage of the fans when they cancelled the show -- and have followed the news as the fans pitched in to bring it back and finish out some story lines. Which is so cool.

So, given the new movie, I decided to watch the pilot episode on Amazon Instant Video ... and then the next and then the next episode. I sped through the first season, trying to get the gist and by about episode 13 I couldn't turn it off. Totally hooked.

Here's why I love Veronica ... she's a complex girl who's burdened with all these terrible secrets, including those of her peers, and because of this she has major trust issues. But yet she manages to be kinda quirky and adorable.

By the time I got to the last episode I was outraged! How could they leave all those storylines hanging!!! I really feel for the fans who had to wait TEN YEARS for resolution. That's brutal. I would have dropped money into their Kickstarter fund to see what happens to Keith in the election, Veronica and her boys and even the rest of the crew. Luckily, being late to the party means I don't have to wait. The movie is out now.

This week, I'm trying to clear time to watch the movie. I almost prefer to see it at the theater -- mostly because I think Logan will just look hotter on the big screen. But I may settle for renting it on iTunes.

It's been a while since I've been this obsessed on a show. It's kinda fun.




Related posts:

All the Pop Culture I Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project