What Is It About a Boy Band?

I have a pretty healthy dislike of boy bands.

From teen years and on, there have been boy bands (Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, etc) and I've pretty much hated them. They don't play instruments or write their own songs (usually). They're not great singers on their own. And they're way too stylized; more a commodity or music industry product than musicians. Seriously. Ugh. 

However, HOWEVER, there's always just one song from a boy band that I simply cannot deny. 

One Direction, one of the latest to crop up, was never on my radar until they sang this song on SNL. And though the lyrics make no sense (it's almost anti-romantic) and their look is just WAY too young for most 30-somethings to understand (what is with that hair!) ... I can't stop listening and humming it. It's now on heavy rotation on my guilty pleasure playlist. 


Warning: Once you hear the song, you may become hooked, too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project